Tuesday, July 29, 2014

MyTown Music LA: onward the adventure.

It was just about a year and a half ago that I packed up pretty much everything I could jam into my car - keyboard, guitar, PA system, my dog.. oh yeah and some clothes... and left my hometown in Tucson to move to Southern California.
                         
Let me tell you, it's been the most exciting, scary, challenging and borderline insane journey of my life. Extreme highs, unfortunate lows and everything in between. But out of all that has changed or hasn't necessarily gone the way I expected, the one thing that has never waivered or been shaken at the end of the day; is my dream.
It was in my early 20s that this larger-than-life vision of being a professional musician, songwriter, and eventually a social entrepreneur began to take form. Ever since then I have been completely dedicated and relentless in the pursuit to see into fruition the purpose for my life I sensed deep in my heart. Now 28 years old, I couldn't be more passionate, motivated, committed and full of wonder of all that this vision is leading me to. It's been a wild ride over the years (to say the absolute least) up to this point. But I honestly wouldn't change or take anything back. Especially when it comes to pivotal, monumental milestones like what's about to go down very soon here in LA.
       

This coming weekend my incredible team of my talented friends and I will embark on spearheading a project that could potentially change everything as I or we have known about education, entertainment and culture. In all of the hundreds and hundreds of hours I have invested into developing young aspiring music artists as a craft, the manifestation of this weekend has the potential elevate that to a whole new level.

Four of my top student artists that I have been developing over the past year will enter into a major Hollywood recording studio alongside industry professionals to produce a commercial quality single of their original songs they wrote through the MyTown experience. This entire journey and their stories will be captured into a short but powerful documentary.
Now, meet the cast..
                    Spencer Flores: the humble, kind, yet incredibly gifted all around artist, piano player, composer & singer.
                     Ryan Ramirez: a passionate, charismatic, teen who shines like a star as a drummer in various bands and now as a solo artist.
                      Kate Cassiano: a lovable, open, bright and joyful little girl. One of my newest stars who has insight and vision for creativity that could inspire anyone young or old.
                       Rylee Gibson, a sweet spirit who is naturally very gifted and fearless to express herself as an artist far beyond her years. My very first private client in California, and to this day my most advanced student artist I have developed.
                        These two are basically the dynamic songwriting duo of the century.
                        Ryan Federico: major label artist turned music producer aficionado, successful entrepreneur and business leader.
                       Eric Von: rapidly up and coming music producer, engineer, and visionary leader. A creative mind with a big heart.
                                        Then there's this guy. My role?... Well, I just do my best to ask great questions, stay inspired, childlike, and motivate kids like the above to explore all their potential has to offer through music expression and the artistic process. Oh.. and I'm known to shake things up a bit. (I.e. via corny jokes like that one.)
Cheers to creative expression, pursuing your dreams, exploring individual potential, empowering others and making a difference.
Vlog: http://youtu.be/aOvFGLG8FPg
Onward the adventure...
-C

                       


1 comment:

  1. About Corey Ferrugia...
    I honestly don't why I am writing this as it is so obvious but with the complete lack of self awareness someone needs to speak the truth to you Corey or should I call you Magical Mystery Mentally ill CoRey. I actually hope your curiosity leads you to wellness but right now you're a security guard, cannabis smokin bum that would be living on the streets or back living in Arizona with your mom if it wasn't for your wife or sugar momma. Less is more... your content on your channel and soundcloud is a literal pu pu platter of trash and don't get me started with the instagram emojis... It's all a load of hoarding, tasteless nonsense from a never has been narcissist. I can't even go on and claim that you are washed up because you never were in the first place. It may be hard to come to terms but you're too old to be a popstar and not talented enough to be a breakout singer/musician. The amount of autotune is embarrassing but obviously needed from your live and your proposal video. Claiming to be "awake" when in fact you've lost all grounding. Who would look up to you? Seriously, look back a few years back it's been a downward spiral. Now you're recording private conversations without the others knowing then posting it is not cool. Basic common sense. Trying to wheel and deal and secretly profit and offer people blogs for huff post I KNOW and guarantee you Arianna Huffington would NOT be cool with. You'd be blacklisted. Your TEDtalk was a self serving joke of a presentation. In the past charging people 250 an hour for "artist development" when yet you have no development yourself. It's sad but obvious people caught on as the clients dried up. Your self claimed "magic" is deception and delusion which will probably lead to the third "d" divorce. It's all smoke and mirrors. You can go on iTunes and the only fan review for your biggest song "Paradise" is your wife. I can literally go on and on but that pretty much explains it all and is ironic as anyone can see "trouble in paradise" coming soon...

    ReplyDelete